As of patch 2.0.3 this ore stacks to 20.
Alchemy at 225 can convert mithrik to truesilver req. transmute skill and item (dont rem what it was called)
Taken From Old Guide:
Applies to Truesilver as well
· Blasted Lands: just do full circuits, simple.
· Searing Gorge: again, just do full circuits. You can do what I do and do a full circuit of the perimeter of Searing Gorge, then drop down into The Cauldron and do a circuit of that (inside and outside). Also remember that at level 230, you can mine Dark Iron, so pick that up too.
· Badlands: two good places here. First is Camp Cagg. Just do a circuit round it, taking in the Rock Elementals spawn point as you go. Second place is Lethlor Ravine. If you start by the Master Dragonscale Leatherworker and head into the Ravine and loop round to the north and back out and south past Uldaman back entrance, then you’ll pick up a good amount of Mithril.
· The Hinterlands: start at Aerie Peak and follow the cliff face to the south and east. Now just go around the south cliff face until your get past Jintha’Alor, then north up to Seradane and then west back to Aerie Peak.
· Western Plaguelands: do circuits of the Ruins of Andorhal.
· Azshara: start at the Legash Encampment and head east to the Bitter Reaches. Loop round to the north and back west along the coast past the Jagged Reef and then back down to the Lagash Encampment again.
· Winterspring: start at the Timbermaw tunnel entrance and follow the cliffs to the east past the Hot Springs and all the way over to Starfall Village. Just before you get there, head south to Lake Kel’Theril and then follow the cliffs west all the way back to your starting point.
· Felwood: only if your there. Don’t go out of way to mine here, but if you happen to be in the area (i.e. grinding Timbermaw rep) then look out for a few Mithril nodes here.
· Stonetalon Mountains: quick circuit of The Charred Vale can net you 10-15 Mithril ores.
· Desolace: grab yourself some underwater breathing potions and head to Ranzajar Isle. Theres a good number of Mithril nodes in the sunken ruins round here and very few people mine them. You can also take a run through the Valley of Spears and down to Mannoroc Coven to pick up the Mithril nodes there.
· Tanaris: bit of a long one this, but can be well worth it. Do full circuits of Tanaris, but drop down into The Noxious Lair and The Gaping Chasm to pick up the nodes that virtually nobody mines, unless they are questing in there.
Prospecting this ore has been very profitable for me. Aquamarines and star rubies go for a ton on my server and I've gotten up to three gems from each prospect, and can recieve up to 20g for every 5 ore destroyed. Definately consider prospecting as an alternative to turning them into bars. You can easily buy the bars with your rpofits and have change left over.
In Hinterlands like zedd said but when you go up to Seradane hit that cave it is called Skulk Rock i found like 4 nodes in there.
For leveling mining, from 235 and beyond mining in searing gorge is especially good because you'll occasionally find dark iron deposits that will be orange to you, guaranteed skill ftw!
As always, you should check caves and I found that the cave in the NW portion of searing gorge has a spawn in the beginning, and one in the far back that you should check. Theres also a chest spawn on top of the cliff that over looks the water elementals as you first walk in and Highlord Mastrogonde was also found here, so that was two quick greens.
Got up to 245 quickly after hitting 235 here, definitely recommend this place before anyplace else. Might want to throw in a badlands circuit if you can still benefit from iron, I levelled to quickly here to try that out
I found some really good circuits to run for mithril, and I used this
mining guide with maps
. The mithril and truesilver section are about half way down.
I hit Alterac in the mornings on Dalaran, and even then, it's overfarmed. If you're lvl 38+, you can take out the non-elite ogres relatively easily and get to your ore deposits, but odds are you're competing with some other person with the same intentions in mind. Remember to be nice and share, children.
Alternatively, you can find nice Mithril spawns in the Charred Vale, Badlands, and Stranglethorn Vale around the Crystal Mines. Just be sure you're fast enough to avoid the Basilisks (lvl 41-44) or strong enough to take them out. They are heavily armored and deal copious damage per hit.
From what I've heard, Uldaman is another good resource of Mithril, but as I have yet to venture into that Instance, I cannot substantiate that rumor.
actually they've recently changed the ruins near the Desolace coast. There's less ruins and much less mithril now. Last week I spent maybe 2 hours swimming around because a guildie told me I could get a good supply of mithril there. Later I told him to tell me where exactly, he came and said the whole place had been reworked. So yeah, no longer an option.
Overall I think Desolace is one of the best places to farm mithril, there's a good amount of nodes and very few farmers. Alternatively Badlands isn't so bad either, today I farmed for one hour and got 2 1/2 stacks.
Best place so far for mithril would be in the cave which is located on Isle of Dread in Feralas (Northern section of island). At least 6 nodes, plus you can grind the mobs for clams (hopefully a golden pearl).
SKULK ROCK! and all around the southern hills/cliffs of the Hinterlands.
It might just be my server, but DAMN!, I found ATLEAST 4 ores on the cliffs & 4 ores in SKULK ROCK CAVE.
And I've also found, at times, 1 truesilver or mithril at the begining or end of the cliff trail going to RavenTusk Village.
atleast 2 truesilver ores on my run through the southern hills/cliffs.
I'm suprised no one knows about this, but if you run the south border, particularily the south west, of tanaris there is about 6-7 mithril mines rarely farmed. Also while waiting for respawns there are usually 2-3 mithril in the gaping chasm bug caves as well as thorium often in the caves.
Head to Tanaris and run around the bug places. I can usually get about half a stack by running around the perimeters of each one.
The Hinterlands has an amazing amount of mithril veins. I farmed up 71 ores in no time at all. No real specific place, just stay around moutains, and Skull Rock (which normally has atleast 2-3 veins in it at all times)! -- This is all of course ignoring those blasted level 60 pallys running around farming them.. =)
Azasharian Diamonds , aquarmine, and mitril dust.
Since the release of BC and introduction of Jewelcrafting prices on all ores have skyrocketed. A stack of iron ore on Shadowsong will run you anywhere from 4-6g. Buying bars is usually cheaper but then you miss out on the minerals you can prospect from it.
Hopefully thottbot will add a "Prospects into" chart for each ore similar to their "Disenchants Into" for magical items. Most people will figure this out on their own, but it would be nice to have.
One location where I managed to get my mining skill up early on was in that cave in Arathi where you mine the Bloodstone ore, in the north east corner near the horde base. Lots of MIthril and Iron spawns in there as well as bloodstone which can be sold for around 50-70s per stack of 4 in Booty Bay (it's needed for a quest there) easily.
Before my mining was high enough for Mithril I mined iron and bloodstone in that cave which brought it up, also iron in the surrounding mountains. I also ran across a trusilver mine in that region. Mobs in that cave are in the mid to high 30s.
AP newsflash Ironforge, Azeroth....Today, the Mithril King of Azeroth, Ecsslo, gave up his crown. Ore trade in Echo Isles realm has been dealt a heavy blow.
"Let 'em charge whatever they want for mithril. I'm sick of trying to keep the ores economy on a constant level. Let 'em learn the hard way of the pitfalls of a volatile market. I've made my fortune." said the former ore trading monarch as he rode off, cackling like a loon as he distributed free parrots to random bystanders. At the height of his 'reign' Ecsslo was known to send a free parrot to his biggest clients. "It's my way of saying thanks" he was quoted regarding the practice. Many green wing macaws found homes among countless budding blacksmiths. Endless testimonials have begun to pour in, most echoing a common sentiment about how easy Ecsslo made it for many blacksmiths to become Weaponsmiths or Armorsmiths.
"He always had the best prices, and we're not likely to see prices that low for such consistant periods again, at least not on this realm. Too many greedheads."
No special commerorative or monument will be struck to mark the end of the era...after all, it's only a video game.
FlittyElf Publishers offered this excerpt from Ecsslo's forthcoming autobigraphy:
For the latter half of Nov 06 through Jan 07 I was the 'Mithril King' of Echo Isles realm...I made a ton of gold, and at one point had 1700 mithril bars in the bank.
here's how you do it:
- you need patience.
- you have to wake up around 4AM (your time zone) and go to the Charred Vale. Continuously run/ride around the rim of the vale, stopping only to mine.
- Do not bother fighting, simly run away from those pesky harpies.
- Each circuit should yield two-three ore nodes. Ignore the copper, but mine the gold and truesilver because these will respawn as mithril.( not that truesilver is so bad, but gold,well...)
- Being so early in the morning means there are not a lot of other players, so that's the biggest obstacle to finding mithril removed right there. In 2-3 hours I would hearth home to IF with 120-160 ores easily. Once I came back with 220 ores, biggest haul from one trip ever.
- Sell the bars for 17-18s, be willing to drop to
16. Always sell in ones, twos, threes, fours, fives, sixes ONLY .
- Never sell any amount that goes over 1G for that sale, e.g. okay to sell 6 bars for 98s, never sell 7 for 1g14s. Never have gold appear in your prices, always sell for amounts that are always under 1G. This is a psychological advantage. People look for bargains, and many will compulsively click on "6 for 98s" price before clicking on a "15 for 2g40s" simply because the 6 for 98s looks like a better deal because it has no gold in the price. (it isn't, the 15 for 2g40s is a better price, but many people will not bother to do the math). Also people will appreciate the "98" instead of "99" because we all know that when salespeople say that the product their selling is "$19.99" they are just trying to pretend they are not selling it for $20 when they actually are.
- Also post many many listings. I would always put up at least 30 listings of mithril, in 1's, 2's, 3's and 6's...there are always people who only need 1or 2 bars of mithril, and here they log on and find that you have 15 of them, selling for 17s apiece. It builds confidence if a person goes to buy mithril and always sees that you have lots and lots of it for sale. Every bar that I put up sold within 24 hours..15 1's for 17s each, 10 2's for 33s, 10 3's for 48s, and 10 6's for 98s..that's a total of 125 bars, and they would all sell out everytime..that's overt 20g everyday, sometimes 40 gold in a day because the lot would sell out within 4-8 hours...but I always listed for 24 hours. Make the bid price always just one silver piece below the buy price.
- always buy out everyone who underbids you, no matter how many bars they list. You won't catch them all, but it does increase your inventory...don't worry that it cuts into your profit, it is more important to create the perception that you are the one selling massive amounts at the best price. Repeat buyers will automatically look for your name and buy up your entire lot without bothering to see that someone else might have stacks for 2g80s ( a better price)..I saw this happen over and over again. Regular buyers would take my whole lot and not even bother to look that another seller had several 20's stacks for a better price...the buyer had been conditioned to impulsively go for my name and to ignore any price that had gold in it...again, this happened over and over again.
So what do I have to show for it? I'm at level 61 as I write this, and I have nearly complete suits of armor and weapons waiting in the bank for me to level up into...
I have all 16 slot bags in every bank slot and carrying on my character. When the 20 slot bags get into circulation I will be able to buy them all and replace all the 16 slot bags..
And I have 30,000G in the bank....
heh heh heh...
but it does take patience, real patience...and one thing I have noticed is that about 70-80% of video game players are unconsciously impulsive..so most of you will ignore this or maybe try it and then give up after two or three days...you will farm some mithril and start having visions of avarice, so you will list stacks of mithril for 6-7G, only thinking how great it will feel to get that 6 or 7G if that stack sells (most don't). I could never figure out when I would have some 150 bars listed for around 16-18s a piece that some bozo would even bother to list stacks for 3,4, or 5 times what I was selling for..they never sold, how could any seller reasonably expect a buyer to choose a more expensive price?
What manner of self deception must one employ to convince themselves that it could possibly sell? Did they not observe that I never let my merchandise for sale on the AH become depleted?
It would often boggle my mind....then this one guy would use the trade channel: "Mithril bars, 5g a stack, better than AH price"...didn't this guy realize that regular mithril buyers would know that his statement was false and therefore he would instantly lose credibility? WHY DO THEY DO THIS? WHY? I just don't understand it...(ecsslo, the former Mithril King of Echo Isles begins sobbing)
Its all about the Badlands. Im 59 now and i left my mining skill far behind to lvl up so for 3 hours i farmed there to go from 163-225 and i got 97 Met ores there, so make sure to check out that area!
unless you are on Ysera cause thats mine!
im not sure about other servers etc but i find on a good run for mithril and iron desolace is the best - skirting the edges of the level on mount ignoring the mobs will get you lots of iron (make sure you go as far up the cliffs as you can there are loads of hidden lodes up there) there is also a surprising amount on the random hills and cliffs near the roads
for mithril specifically go to mannoroc covern - i almost always find about 3 ~ 4 deposits - another good spot is in the gelkis and magram villages (these are very easy if you dont bother with killing them as you can just walk in)
hope that helps
I remember mining mithril in Badlands but I came back here on my lvl 60 and all I seem to find is Iron. Also for the map I walked all along the areas marked and saw nothing :(
I figured I would help out everyone looking for a decent place to get mith. In about an hour I made a nice little small circuit in the Western plaguelands, & found about 10 veins in my little circle, most of which were respawns. I also searched the entire area & found 5 different rich thorium veins, 3 truesilver veins, 4-6 different mithril veins, 1 small thorium vein.
I would suggest going to
downloading Gather, & just below it just scroll down you can find a gatherer data base, which has basically every single location for Treasures, Herbalism, & mining. You install it just like any other addon, while in game you go into the Gatherer configuration, go down to import, click on the import button which should already have the data base name, there you go, instant access to literally thousands of nodes. I would suggest to cut down on the lag, to click on the mining button, & selecting the ores your searching for or would like to keep searching for. I would also go in some of the other buttons like mini map & world map, & turning off any of the ones you don't want to see like herbalism & chests. There are so many of everything that you can really block yourself of what you want.
There is a cave in Blasted Lands near where SoS border is, that has a good amount of mithril & some thorium veins. By the time you get to the back of the cave, the ones near the front will begin to respawn, its been a great place for me to farm & level my mining back up. I hope that this helps out.
I dunno about you guys but I got about 10 or so mithril ore veins every curcuit around tanaris powerleveling my mining. By the time I reached around, even with an epic mount, many were already responded. Here's a pic using gatherer and a database mod:
I eventually got from 200 to 250 pretty fast. Might've just been my server, but it far outbeats anything else I tried. The only one I didn't was hinterlands, but badlands and tanaris were my only good spots.
Yes, it was with a 70 and epic mount.
(The following data is from the Cenarius Server) A stack of Mithril ore goes for 6-10g, but a stack of Mithril Bars goes for 12-18g, so for miners, buying a stack of ore, smelting it, and reselling it is a great way to make money. The amount of g varies from server to server, but the difference in price from a stack of ore to a stack of bars is about the same. All in all, if you want money quick, this is a great way.
minor note, for miners who need a 20-30g boost to get their mount, this can help, I got to 175 mining at lvl 32, so I was able to get my mount as soon as I hit 40.
Edited, Jun 4th 2007 8:35pm by XDRogue
i found out by far the best place to find mithril iron and some truesilver is in the charred vale between stonetalon mtns and desolace ive been mining there for the past few hours and got more ore than going to the badlands
Where is the best place to mine Mithril Ore?
Also a good place to mine mithril is feralas 26,67 in the cave about 4 veins in average
I'm not sure how I'm related but it appears that after 2 days of using WoW reader it now displays a "Requires Jewelcrafting: x" for all ores on this site up to Thorium (I haven't seen anything above thorium). Do not be alarmed, this is a requirement for *prospecting* it as you might have figured. However it is to be noted that the prospecting level requirement is exactly the same as the mining level requirement.
Ideally the system would work like this:
<Crafting Skill>: <Item>
Source: <Trainer (with list of trainers that trains it), Recipe (with rarity and link), and/or otherwise, like "discovered" (alchemist), or "innate" (like gathering skills)
Skill: <<Available LV, Orange>, <First Yellow LV>, <First Green LV> or <First Gray LV>>
Components: <Item link(s)>
Requires: <requirements, such as forge or alchemy lab>
Creates Item(s): <Item Link(s)>
Cast time, range...etc...
Taken from Mining 1 to 300 Guide Part 4
Mining 176 – 250
Mining Mithril and Truesilver
Estimated number of nodes to mine = 125
*At level 225, go back to the mining trainer and learn Artisan Mining.
So now we come the real money making stuff, Mithril. This stuff is used in such quantities by Engineering and Blacksmithing that you will always sell what you mine for a good profit.
# Blasted Lands: just do full circuits, simple.
# Searing Gorge: again, just do full circuits. You can do what I do and do a full circuit of the perimeter of Searing Gorge, then drop down into The Cauldron and do a circuit of that (inside and outside). Also remember that at level 230, you can mine Dark Iron, so pick that up too.
# Badlands: two good places here. First is Camp Cagg. Just do a circuit round it, taking in the Rock Elementals spawn point as you go. Second place is Lethlor Ravine. If you start by the Master Dragonscale Leatherworker and head into the Ravine and loop round to the north and back out and south past Uldaman back entrance, then you’ll pick up a good amount of Mithril.
# The Hinterlands: start at Aerie Peak and follow the cliff face to the south and east. Now just go around the south cliff face until your get past Jintha’Alor, then north up to Seradane and then west back to Aerie Peak.
# Western Plaguelands: do circuits of the Ruins of Andorhal.
# Azshara: start at the Legash Encampment and head east to the Bitter Reaches. Loop round to the north and back west along the coast past the Jagged Reef and then back down to the Lagash Encampment again.
# Winterspring: start at the Timbermaw tunnel entrance and follow the cliffs to the east past the Hot Springs and all the way over to Starfall Village. Just before you get there, head south to Lake Kel’Theril and then follow the cliffs west all the way back to your starting point.
# Felwood: only if your there. Don’t go out of way to mine here, but if you happen to be in the area (i.e. grinding Timbermaw rep) then look out for a few Mithril nodes here.
# Stonetalon Mountains: quick circuit of The Charred Vale can net you 10-15 Mithril ores.
Edited, Apr 21st 2007 11:51am by notqz
I found a good circuit to run to get mithril from this
mining guide with maps
. The mithril and truesilver are about halfway down.
I have mined mithril in badlands, uldaman, tanaris, hinterlands and desolace. I have found that doing full circuits of hinterlands to be my best source of mithril, just hug the mountains and go all the way round including the dragon place in the north east, basically loosely following the nodes marked on the map here.
Actually, in my experience, ore goes for quite a bit less than bars
I've found that it's best to check the AH before smelting. Sometimes ore can go for higher than bars. This is probably because of prospecting and those who are trying to level by smelting...
For Jewelcrafters :
When you use
Other occasional drops I've had are
This is the first Ore that cannot be smelted to gain mining skill!
It's definitely a step up in time to max out the profession.
The hinterlands is the best place to farm this.
[Screenshots containing UI elements are generally declined on sight, the same goes for screenshots from the modelviewer or character selection screen.]
[Please review our