We’ve recently begun testing WoW Classic: The Burning Crusade in a closed beta environment. This means that some players now have access to the beta, by invitation only.If you’d like to join us in testing WoW Classic: The Burning Crusade, all you need to do is opt-in to become a tester
. Players who have opted-in can be selected to be a tester, and invitations will go out regularly throughout the test.Once you’ve been added:
- Open the Blizzard Battle.net App and select World of Warcraft from your Games list.
- In the selector above the Play button, change your Game Version to In Development: The Burning Crusade.
- Click Install to install the Beta client. This becomes a Play button when ready.
- Click Play to log in to the Beta, and select any of the available Test Servers.
- Create a new test character, or copy over a character from your live WoW Classic account using the Copy Character button.
- Enter the game and test the content!
If you have issues installing and operating the Burning Crusade beta, please first check our Common Technical Issues and Solutions
to begin troubleshooting.
The Burning Crusade Classic beta test has begun! Over the course of the test, we’ll be inviting opt-in beta testers and more to check out the upcoming Classic expansion and give us feedback.
Players selected to participate in the beta test will receive an email invitation directing them to download the beta client directly from the Battle.net desktop app. As always, please be aware of phishing attempts—if you’re unsure whether your invitation is legitimate, please log in to your Battle.net account to verify that there is a Burning Crusade Classic beta license attached (under Your Game Accounts).
If you’ve been selected to participate in the beta test, your Battle.net account will already be flagged for access.
- Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date.
- Run the Battle.net desktop app—it may need to update itself if you haven’t run it recently. If you don’t have the app installed, get started here.
- Once Battle.net is installed and updated, select World of Warcraft from the list of games.
- In the Game Version drop-down menu above the Play button, choose the Burning Crusade (listed under In Development), then click Install.
- Allow installation to complete, click Play and select any of the available Test Servers.
- Create a new test character or copy over a character from your live WoW Classic account using the Copy Character button.
- Enter the game and test the content.
If you have issues installing and operating the Burning Crusade beta, please check our Common Technical Issues and Solutions to begin troubleshooting.
We’d love to hear about your experiences in Burning Crusade Classic, so once you’ve had a chance to play, please send us your feedback on the Burning Crusade Classic beta forums.