Second boss in the Temple of Ahn'Qiraj (if you don't count the optional bugtrio).
* Each add will need a tank (or two) to taunt it as much as possible. Sartura will need 2 geared-out tanks. You will want to spread them out throughout the room so that you have as much space as possible to move around. Try to pull Sartura to the back of the room so that the raid can kill the Guards without getting hit by Sartura's highly lethal Whirlwind.
* Each of the Sartura tanks will need 2-3 assigned healers. The rest of the raid will have to be healed with extremely efficient spot healing, a task made difficult by the spread-out raid position.
* Every raid member needs to be aware of the positioning of Sartura and her adds. If a spinning bug is moving toward you, you need to start running, fast. You cannot outrun a spinning bug, but since their path is random, it's likely the bug will change direction before reaching you.
* Two tanks ping-ponging Taunt on a Royal Guard or on Sartura herself can keep her under control most of the time, but they will sometimes move around randomly while spinning.
* Sartura and her Guards can be stunned any time they are not spinning. Paladins can use hammer of justice, rogues use kidney shot, and warriors use concussion blow until diminishing returns kick in.
* Sartura's guards need to be burned down as fast as possible with focused DPS. Since they have no aggro list at all, you can DPS them as hard as you can.
* As adds die, their tanks can move to Sartura. Anyone near Sartura during her Whirlwind will take massive amounts of damage, so healers will need to be on the ball and melee will need to back out during the spins.
* You have 10 minutes, starting from the pull, before Sartura goes into "supreme mode" Enrage. (Similar to Hakkar in ZG) Sartura has extremely low HP, so as long as DPSers are alive this is easy. DPS can go all out at all times, as there is no aggro on Sartura or her adds.
* Because of the time limit, dps is important. Further, rogues' kidney shot is very useful for stunning. Therefore, rogues are of heightened value during this fight.
* At 20%, Sartura goes into her "regular" Enrage which greatly increases her DPS on the tanks. Healers should save their mana until 20% so that they can spam heals then.
As a note about tanking Sartura:
Have a mod like Bigwigs that shows the countdown of abilities. When whirlwind is down to 8 seconds, taunt. She'll dart off at 7s.
It's easiest to have 3 warriors tanking her once the adds are dead. Hunters can help keep her in line aswell. When she escapes the warriors, a hunter that's behind the warriors can distracting shot to drag her through the tanks. Here's waht it looks like in text:
< or > Direction of travel.
(H) ------ (W) --------------------(S)>
ZOMGA DISTRACTING SHOT!
(H)------- (W) <(S)
Hunter specific tips:
- Assign one hunter to each add and have everyone helping to mark them in the right order after they are killed (if just one hunters is assigned to mark he will most likely be out of range and you know how whiney rogues get when they don't get their marks ;))
- Each hunter on an add has to spam distracting shot, multishot and serpent sting if one of the add-tanks looses his add
- Dots are best for keeping aggro on these kinds of mobs so serpent sting up all the time (not on boss or other hunters adds ofc)
- There are many strategies on how to handle the boss while adds are nuked but usually a hunters isn't needed to pull her back to mt
- Pets will die in 5 seconds in this fight
- Whirlwind won't daze you if you're using aspect of the cheeta so consider using it
- When your add is dead go nuke the next target but don't use serpent sting if you don't want to get aggro
- Since we got both mail and lots of stam it's best if we don't feign death if we aggro an add, it's better that we "tank" it back to the real tanks rather then feigning death and the adds running away 2-shoting a clothie (and moving further away from tanks)
Battleguard Sartura and her three adds have nearly identical abilities:
Whirlwind - immune to stun while Whirl-winding, but otherwise vulnerable. While Whirlwinding they move at high speed dealing AoE damage, similar to the skill in Diablo 2. The Royal Guards whirlwind for 1000-1200 on tanks and 2500-3000 on cloth. Keeping detect magic up will show when they are whirl-winding and when they aren't, letting paladins and rogues know when it's safe to go in and stun and melee DPS them, similar to Bloodlord Mandokir from ZG.
Satura and her adds will occasionally reset aggro for several seconds and start chasing random people for a duration of 5 seconds. After those 5 seconds they will return to the highest aggro target, so as long as you don't pull aggro off of the tank they will go back to him.
Enrage - At 20% she will become enraged, buffing her attack.
Enrage: +124 physical damage, +60% attack speed
Hard Enrage - At 10 minutes, she will become enraged. This enrage is much more nasty and a sure raid wiper. You must kill her before this stage.
Hard Enrage: Between 10k-15k damage to players, +150% attack speed. This is an almost certain wipe.
Sartura's guards have a punt attack that will send you flying. Do not get near the entrance to the tunnel leading to Fankriss, because being punted into that tunnel means drawing many adds and very likely wiping your raid. Also standing too close to that tunnel might pull the patrolling adds so stay away.
The encounter has been known to reset when the adds evade-bug after targeting a player that is running back after death, or is otherwise untargetable. When the encounter resets, the adds will respawn.
Each add will need a tank (or two) to taunt it as much as possible. Sartura will need 2 geared-out tanks. You will want to spread them out throughout the room so that you have as much space as possible to move around. Try to pull Sartura to the back of the room so that the raid can kill the Guards without getting hit by Sartura's highly lethal Whirlwind.
Each of the Sartura tanks will need 2-3 assigned healers. The rest of the raid will have to be healed with extremely efficient spot healing, a task made difficult by the spread-out raid position.
Every raid member needs to be aware of the positioning of Sartura and her adds. If a spinning bug is moving toward you, you need to start running, fast. You cannot outrun a spinning bug, but since their path is random, it's likely the bug will change direction before reaching you.
Two tanks ping-ponging Taunt on a Royal Guard or on Sartura herself can keep her under control most of the time, but they will sometimes move around randomly while spinning. Sartura and her Guards can be stunned any time they are not spinning. Paladins can use hammer of justice, rogues use kidney shot, and warriors use concussion blow until diminishing returns kick in. Make sure to keep detect magic up to know when they're stunnable and safe to melee.
Sartura's guards need to be burned down as fast as possible with focused DPS. Since they have no aggro list at all, you can DPS them as hard as you can. As adds die, their tanks can move to Sartura. Anyone near Sartura during her Whirlwind will take massive amounts of damage, so healers will need to be on the ball and melee will need to back out during the spins.
You have 10 minutes, starting from the pull, before Sartura goes into "supreme mode" Enrage. (Similar to hakkar in ZG) Sartura has extremely low HP, so as long as DPSers are alive this is easy. DPS can go all out at all times, as there is no aggro on Sartura or her adds.
Because of the time limit, dps is important. Further, rogues' kidney shot is very useful for stunning. Therefore, rogues are of heightened value during this fight. At 20%, Sartura goes into her "regular" Enrage which greatly increases her DPS on the tanks. Healers should save their mana until 20% so that they can spam heals then.
An interesting tidbit about Sartura's and the guard's WW is that a Warlock having 3-5 DoTs ticking will nearly always end up being the target with each new reset.
Hence, trained Warlocks (need to have a very quick eyes and reflexes) can nearly always force them to go in a certain direction - towards them - when they WW.
All of her guards can be stun, even while whirlwind (though the guard will continue to whirlwind). Satura herself can only be stun while not whirlwind. Concussion Blow, Hammer of Justice, Grenades. Version 3, she's sort of tauntable, but barely.
Use the whole room, don't stay in one place. I was making a big counter clockwise run of the entire room while healing tanks and throwing Hammer of Justice on whoever is loose.
9 wipes later, we finally brought her down.
The boss itself is not difficult, there is just some encounters you need to remember.
1) Spread!, stand in a circle around the boss, and away from the adds. The smartest would be to tank the boss in the north, and the adds in the south of the room.
2) Once the adds are dead, move the boss in the middle of the room, and stand around it in a circle. There has to be 3-5 tanks on the boss all the time, since it resets its aggro to the tanks all the time.
3) (for Alliance). Paladins can use stun on her, which is good when a whirlwind is going to happend. Otherwise, keep steady DPS through it all, and make sure to keep the tanks alive.
Also remember, that it will enrage, so make sure it goes VERY quick by getting the adds down, otherwise it's a 11-13k dmg from her on cloth users, and you wont like that!, trust me.
- Perception, EU Deathwing PvP
Behold, horde has paladins and we have shamans now. But who the hell is going to do AQ with me now /cry
i would if my priest werent lvl 6 :P want robes of the battleguard so bad... *gurgle* P.S. chest pieces with the same design as the RotBG include robes of insight, robes of the guardian saint, and robes of the triumvate
a indian person bug LOL!
She sure is pretty.....besides she can totally wipe you if your not careful and likes I said she is pretty but it would never work out if i was to put a ring on her it would split into shards
Sartura has been nerfed and is an pretty simple encounter, she's sensitive to taunt very time ..
Wheres all the warrior ( DPS ) lewt! All I see is the ring
Oh, and first.
just dps them
Remember, Paladin's Hammer of Justice is on a 1 minutes timer with talent to reduce cooldown. Not all paladin has the CD reduction talent.
One more thing, hand grenade works on guards.
fyi it isnt easy mode for alliance... BoP isnt used, it really wouldnt do much of anything. Sure it would save one person, but thats not gonna stop a wipe which is inevitable if you dont have the strategy. Which is all about the taunts. Which is on the horde side as well, in case you didnt know.
01/08/2006; around 20:35 Legacy, on Emeriss, European Realm, killed this baby at the first try :) We wtfpwn ;)
Edited, Aug 1st 2006 at 3:44pm EDT by KrazeyKami
A really pain in the backside , rogues and warriors know why . When you have Sartura herself runing around like a headless chicken and two adds closing in behind you just get triple crit and end up dead :(
small tip for rogues : if you stun then while their WW(spinning) it wont stop them , unlike if you do it when their out of the WW
This is the strategy we (Exiled on Deathwing EU) succesfully used.
We used 2 warlocks and a warrior to tank Sartura herself. This didn't go perfect yet, but when we managed to keep her away from the rest of the raid, we won.
While we stayed back in the tunnel before the room, we pulled the adds to the the raid to kill them 1 by 1. We kept 1 stunlocked by paladins and rogues.
The adds die really fast, you can kill 1 in about 20 seconds I'd say, just nuke hard and don't care about aggro.
The trick is to keep Sartura and the adds you're not killing yet away from the damage dealers and healers. =)
Good luck! Tomorrow night we will try this strategy again to see if it's good enough. What I would like to improve is putting 5x Curse of Doom on the 3rd mob.
they made her harder again, she cant be taunted as easy as she used to be. alliance definitely has it easier here.
Edited, Wed Feb 22 00:20:36 2006
View from a druid the combat is funny but requires good concentration and good reflexes.
If your warriors lose the aggro (as often happens) and your paladins miss one stun you can easily get the aggro yourself or end up withing the whirlwind range of the battleguards.
Be ready to change in bear form when your CT_raid says u are targeted (casting a rejuvenation on you before shapeshifting can help).
I don't find the battle too hard if everyone does its job. as for the Sartura battle i usually keep moving in a circular way around her targeting my party members in sequence as i run casting mostly rejuvenation rang 11 and healing touch when needed. Even when you are assigned a maint tank be sure not to stay in one place only, always moving I guess is the key (at least for me).
Edited, Mon Jun 5 00:30:38 2006
2nd boss in aq40, 3rd if u do the optional triple bug bosses, but regarded as 2nd.
This fairy and it's 3 guards are a pain. From what I can tell, they all can whirlwind and it hurts(600+ dmg on a shaman with shield). The guards also do a funky knockback that throws people into the air like 100ft which also makes any tanks lose aggro on them. Sartura itself seems a #$%^& sketchy with aggro handling but can be taunted when it whirlwinds.
There are ways to eventually get thru this pain in the ass, but I can easily say alliance has easy mode blessing of protection ftw here. Despite me having a shaman. While certain guilds have various methods of testing and working her, you got 10 minutes to kill her before she gets enraged and starts doing some serious damage destroying everything in sight. Make use of the gigantically large room you have to fight her spreading everyone out. Her aggro changes very unusually and very rapidly, unless your tank is a master of fast threat generation, then she will be hard. Aside from that, avoid her whirlwinds, keep distance and dots obviously help alot since she hardly ever stays still to take damage from melee.
The obvious is to kill the guards, then work on sartura. GL!
Edited, Mon Feb 20 22:01:00 2006
So sartura is flying around her room you engage her and tanks must keep adds away from the boss every once in a while the boss will whirlwind all around the room and starts 1 shotting clothies so if you get aggro run to center. Shen shes concussioned whatever that means you can stun her and stun her and dps the crud outa her. BTW this is kinda horde. So keep getting her and keep going and going and keep the tanks up and melee dps unload when shes concussioned. And that is how our guild killed her in 2 nights... And room next to her is kinda like supression room so be prepared for a big zerg...
yeah in all the encounters i've had in wow i've got to say sartura is by far the most challenging and rewarding. any fight where locks/mages can totally open up w/o any real regard for pulling agro with the fight still remaining a challenge is totally fine by me. gg blizz for once
quiraj bindings of command , does this items drops for everyone in the raid?
Lockies ... Never use your Eye of Kilroy to scout ... it WILL take agro if you enter "Agro range of a boss" with it. -- Ran a bit forward from the AQ20 manadrain boss to scout for fun... Came to this winged thing, sent out my eye... Eye got killed for roughly 9k damage... sending the bug into the air. "In combat" logo online ... Seconds later around 20 bugs attacked me! No Eye's locks... =D
s can be looted from
originally dropped from
himself but after several complaints Blizzard changed the loot table and switched it with
这个 NPC 能在这些地区找到：
[Screenshots containing UI elements are generally declined on sight, the same goes for screenshots from the modelviewer or character selection screen.]
[Please review our