Kil’jaeden the Deceiver
leader of the Burning Legion, responsible for the corruption of the orcs, the creation of the
, and the resulting conflicts on Azeroth, Outland, and other unknown worlds.
peacefully ruled the eredar world of Argus twenty-five thousand years ago. The triumvirate was approached by the fallen titan Sargeras, promising them power in exchange for loyalty. Kil’jaeden and Archimonde readily accepted while Velen and his followers (later known as draenei) refused and sought refuge with the naaru. Kil’jaeden corrupted the first orcs (assisted by Ner’zhul and
) to serve as the Legion's army, leading to
the opening of the Dark Portal
and the First and Second Wars. When the orcs failed to conquer Azeroth, he transformed Ner’zhul’s soul into the Lich King, charging him with the task of raising a mindless undead army to replace his depleted orc forces and triumph over the Alliance. The Lich King instead used his power to gain his freedom and turn against Kil’jaeden. Kil’jaeden then turned to the night elf
to defeat the Lich King and his human minion Arthas Menethil. Illidan failed, allowing the Lich King to be freed and coalesce with Arthas. One of Illidan’s recruits, the blood elf prince
, eventually circumvented Illidan’s authority and began taking orders from Kil’jaeden directly.
Kael’thas has now captured
(the avatar of the
) and is using her to summon Kil’jaeden into Azeroth through the Sunwell itself. She and
will assist players in defeating Kil'jaeden as the final boss of Sunwell Plateau.
Kil'jaeden's Loot Table
Kil'jaeden's Sunmote Loot Table
Kil'jaeden was first defeated by SK Gaming of EU-Vek'nilash on May 24th, 2008.
When I wrote this comment (at the release of Sunwell Plateau), it was believed that Sargeras was out of the picture, and Archimonde was dead for good. This left Kil'jaeden as the de facto leader of the Burning Legion.
Unlocked and revealed to the world on May 20th, 2008, Kil'jaeden is the final raid boss of the Burning Crusade expansion.
here is the
of strategies about how to kill him
Have fun with these Kil'Jaeden sound files! :)
The expendable have perished. So be it...
Another step towards destruction.
Who can you trust?
The enemy is among you.
All my plans have led to this.
Stay on task. Do not waste time!
I have waited long enough!
Fail me... and suffer for eternity
Drain the girl, drain her power...
I will not be denied, this world shall fall!
Do not harbor false hope, you cannot win!
The power of the Sunwell have turned against me... what have you done? What have you done?!
Kil'jaeden is the last boss in the Sunwell Plateau raid instance. Anveena, Kalecgos, and the Blue Dragonflight play a role in this encounter.
He has five phases in which he gains new abilities in each phase. In phase 5 he does not get any more abilities, but casts them with greater frequency.
To start the encounter, the raid will pull three Hands of the Deceiver. Unlike their counterparts in the Magtheridon encounter, they have a significant aggro range. They are linked and due to the nature of their abilities, it is recommended that they are dragged apart immediately after the pull, and tanked separately afterwards.
- Melees for ~2K on a plate-wearer.
- Can be stunned and silenced (above 20%).
- Shadow Bolt Volley: Deals 850 to 1150 shadow damage to all raid members within 30 yards, and places a stackable debuff that increases all shadow damage taken by 750.
- Soul Portal: Opens a portal that periodically causes Volatile Felfire Fiend to spawn; these imps will run towards nearby raid members and explode, dealing significant damage to all nearby characters. The imps have extremely low health (~400), and can be killed with a single instant cast spell ; however, dying also causes them to explode.
- Shadow Infusion: At 20% health, the Hand will gain this and it makes him immune to stun and silence effects.
Once all three Hands are defeated, Phase 2 begins.
Kil'jaeden will emerge from with the middle of the room when phase 2 begins. Upon emerging, he will knock back all players that are standing within the glowing circle in the middle of the room. This causes no damage.
He initially has the following abilities;
- Soul Flay - 3 second channel. Deals 3000 Shadow damage per second and reduces movement speed. Not resistable or dispellable.
- Legion Lightning - 2 second cast. A chain lightning-like ability that hits the first target for 3007 to 3493 Shadow damage and then leaps to 4 additional targets, inflicting diminishing Shadow damage to each successive target. It will also drain 1500 mana from each character that takes damage from it. The range for the initial lightning and each successive jump is 50 yards, so it cannot be realistically outranged. Fully resistible.
- Fire Bloom - Instant cast. Places a debuff on up to five random targets that deals 1619 to 1881 Fire damage to the debuffed player and all other raid members within 10 yards. Lasts 20 seconds. Only can be dispelled with Immunity effects such as Ice Block and Divine Shield.
- Summon Shield Orb - Spawns a Shield Orb add that is similar to Doom Blossoms in the Teron Gorefiend encounter. Since they only have 20k hp, it is recommend that they be killed as soon as they appear. During Phase 2, they will always spawn northeast of Kil'jaeden, and then orbit him counterclockwise.
Once Kil'jaeden reaches 85% HP, Phase 3 will begin.
When phase 3 begins, Kil'jaeden gains the following abilities:
- Sinister Reflection: Used at the beginning of Phase 3, instant cast. Spawns five Sinister Reflections of a randomly targetted raid member that look identical to the target, and have the abilities of the target's class. These abilities are not tied to the character's talent build or gear selection. Their melee attacks deal an incredible amount of physical damage (2k on plate) and their casts do considerable damage/healing. They cannot be CC'd, but do have normal threat mechanics.
- Shadow Spike: 28 second channel. Bombards randomly targeted raid members with Shadow Spikes that function like Void Reaver's orbs, floating towards the target's position upon the moment of cast and exploding. The explosion inflicts 5100 to 6900 Shadow damage to all characters within 8 yards, and places a debuff that reduces all healing effects by 50% by 10 seconds. Resistable.
- Flame Dart Explosion: Instant cast. Every 3 seconds, all raid members will be hit by Flame Darts that cause 1663 to 1837 Fire damage and reduce movement speed by 50%. Lasts 15 seconds. Resistable, but not dispellable.
- Summon Shield Orb: This ability will now cause two Shield Orbs to spawn instead of one. They will initially appear on opposite sides of the room, and will rotate in opposite directions.
- Darkness of a Thousand Souls: Kil'jaeden will emote (Kil'jaeden begins to channel dark energy) and then cover himself with his wings. After 8 seconds, he will hit all players for 47500 to 52500 Shadow damage. This must be countered by Shield of the Blue.
Once Kil'Jaeden reaches 50% HP, phase 4 will begin
Kil'Jaeden gains one more ability in this phase and will now summon three shield orbs.
- Meteor: Meteors fall from the sky, hitting anyone within a 5 yard range for a fatal amount of damage. There is a Hellfire graphic that appears about 5 seconds before the meteor lands, giving time to move out of the landing area. 3 meteors will be in flight constantly throughout this phase. However, Meteor bombardments will stop while he is casting Darkness of a Thousand Souls.
- Summon Shield Orb: Kil'jaeden will now summon three shield orbs instead of two.
Upon Kil'Jaeden reaching 25% HP, phase 5 will begin.
When phase 5 begins, Kalecgos will cry out to Anveena, and she will "awaken" out of Kil'Jaeden's control, sacrificing herself into the Sunwell, stunning Kil'Jaeden for 5 seconds . Kil'Jaeden gains no new abilities this phase but cast all his previous abilities with greater frequency and suffers the following buff:
- Sacrifice of Anveena: Kil'jaeden takes 25% increased Holy damage.
Along with all abilities being casted with greater frequency, two of his abilities are changed in this phase;
- Soul Flay lasts for 8 seconds now
- Meteors will continue to bombard the raid when he casts Darkness of a Thousand Souls.
Kalecgos plays an important part in this encounter, being that starting in phase 3, he empowers the 4 orbs in the room, that when used (Only one member can use each orb) transforms the raid member into a blue dragon with the following abilities;
- Blink: Teleports the dragon 20 yards forward.
- Breath: Revitalize: Breathes arcane energy in a 13-yard cone in front of the caster, causing friendly units to regenerate 2250 health and mana over 10 sec. 10 second cooldown.
- Breath: Haste: Breathes arcane energy in a 13-yard cone in front of the caster, increasing the attack, casting, and movement speeds of friendly targets by 25% for 30 sec. Also grants immunity to effects that reduce movement speed. 10 second cooldown.
- Shield of the Blue: Extends a powerful shield around the caster that reduces all incoming and outgoing damage on friendly targets within 10 yards by 95%, but stuns the dragon and drains 10% of the dragon's health per second. Lasts 5 sec. 20 second cooldown.
After you Defeat him there will be a Conversation Between
Prophet Velen: Mortal Heroes, your victory here today was foretold, long ago. My brothers anquished cry of defeat will echo across the universe, bringing renewed hope to all those who still stand against The Burning Crusade.
Prophet Velen: As the Legion's final defeat draws ever-nearer, stand proud in the knowledge that you have saved worlds without number of the flame.
Prophet Velen: Just as this day marks an ending, so too does it herald a new beginnning...
Prophet Velen starts channeling to a crystal above that quickly lowers itself down for all to gaze upon
Prophet Velen: The creature Entropius, whom you were forced to destroy, was once a noble naruu, M'uru. In life, Mu'ru channeled vast energies of LIGHT and HOPE. For a time, a misguided few sought to steal those energies...
Lady Liadrin walks up next to Prophet Velen
Lady Liadrin: Our arrogance was unpardonable. We damned one of the most noble beings of all. We may never atone for this sin.
Prophet Velen: Then fortunate it is, that I have reclaimed the noble naaru's spark spark from where it fell! Where faith dwells, hope is never lost, young blood elf.
Lady Liadrin: Can it be?
Prophet Velen: Gaze now, mortals - upon the HEART OF M'URU! Unblemished. Bathed by the ligth of Creation - just as it was at the Dawn.
A big bright light starts to shine in the middle of the room
Prophet Velen: In time, the light and hope held within - will rebirth more than this mere fount of power... Mayhap, they will rebirth the soul of a nation.
Lady Liadrin: Blessed ancestors! I feel it... so much love... so much grace... there are... no words... impossible to describe...
Prophet Velen: Salvation, young one. It waits for us all.
Prophet Velen: Farewell...
(EU-Boulderfist) just got the first Legendary Bow from Kil'jaeden.
Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury
The hunter's name is Stefang.
IMO, because of how hard he is, he should drop like 10 badges.
For those with a philosophical bent:
Kil'jaeden's current position (immersed waist-deep in the Sunwell, unable to escape) is analogous to the supposed position of Satan in the Ninth Circle of Hell put forward by Dante Alighieri in
'Divina Commedia' (The 'Divine Comedy')
. Additionally, Kil'jaeden's quip, "Now I shall succeed where Sargeras could not. I will bleed this wretched world and secure my place as the true master of the Burning Legion" is comparable to Satan's (or, as his possessive was known, Lucifer's) belief that he was 'above God' in terms of power, for which he was damned. Albeit, Kil'jaeden's current predicament was not brought on by Sargeras himself (at least, from what we know so far). For more information, see the
I'm sure Blizzard never intended to have such a parallel made, but it was rather hard for me to pass over a super-powerful demon trapped
waist-deep in a well of sorts. At least the conspiracy-nutters will have something to chew on for a while.
Prolly he has the best emerge and death animation ingame. Looks amazing.
It should also be noted that aside from the initial knockback Kil'Jaeden does as he's emerging, he also casts an additional knockback if somebody enters the circle he's stationed in. The animation looks like an uppercut and does very minimal damage (probably only around 450.) What this means is that running through Kil'Jaeden after he is emerged is a somewhat awkward feat to accomplish.
1 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit. 2 And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit. 3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power. 4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads. 5 And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man. 6 And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.
7 And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men. 8 And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions. 9 And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle. 10 And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months. 11 And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name
Lootable Item :
You couldn't be more spot on. Apollyon, General of Satan's armies.
Well i got an interesting question about this guy and Kael.
OK. Illidan is servant of Kil'jaeden right? And he ran from him, or hide from him whatever. And Kael is servant of Illidan. Right???
So the question is...
Why would Kael summon his master's greatest enemy ???
All the bosses are up, It Just takes time to unlock the doors leading to them, Also thus far no one in the world has killed M'uru of beyond that, And I can say that even in an illidan guild with most members 5/8 that this place is BT on 5 types of crack...
Kalecgos is Harder than Illidan, and he's the first boss, Brutallus has been killing and wiping top world guilds for two weeks now, what with 10 million HP and a 6 minute enrage timer :P
If you were prepared...prepare some more and then prepare to get your ass kicked even then, This isn't a cakewalk by far.
Yes, but remember, Archimonde was to be Sargeras' field commander, and Kil'jaeden would recruit new demons to the Legion. Although he was in charge at the time due to the fact that Sargeras died or something, Archimonde held his same position as commander of the Legion's armies. (He was also horny for trees.)
A smart and simple way to keep Kil'jaeden not being able to come out of the Sunwell is to:
1. Pour cement and cover the sunwell
2. Park a car on top of the Sunwell
3. Barricade the Sunwell
4. Put something heavy on top of the Sunwell
5. Drop a giant piano on Kil'Jaeden as he comes out
6. Grab a huge hammer and smash Kil'Jaeden fingers as attempts to come out
7. Drop an explosive down the Sunwell
8. Go to the caverns of time, kill Kael'thas before he becomes a crack addict so he wont bother to call Kil'jaeden
9. Pour acid down the sunwell
10. Build church/Giant statue of smiling Jesus on top of the sunwell
And i can't believe how easy it is :P
Remember to See in Full-Size.
This is the one stunt i like that blizz did, the burning legion is the ultimate enemy in the game(until they come out with new lore) dont kid ur self, yes thev alrdy said new lore will be realesed. but ne ways, this is the head Hancho of the legion so i like the idea of instead of killing him, instead just banish or force him back into the sunwell.
another thing, its off topic but this is my opinion
Pre BC lead bosses
Kel'thuzad(arthases high luitinant)
C thun(old god of azeroth)
BC lead raid bosses
Illidan stormrage(10,000 year old night elf, betrayed his people and became kil jeadens slap doll
Kil jeaden( head of burning legion, leader of billions of demons across the cosmos, tough dude.
and my prediction for the lead 2 bosses for WOTLk
Arthas( badass nuf said(play WC3)
and Deathwing( Bigass dragon, father of nefarion lead boss of BWl, and Onxyia
let me just say it couse im bored,
After WOTLk the next expansion will be Mealstrom(queen ashzara)
then maybe Argus where u aculy kill kiljeaden.
plz comment on the whole mealstrom thing couse half the people say its stupid but i think it be cool, experience the NE empire how it once was and kill the head NE villian queens Azhara.
Mmm, Maelstrom will be more of a Patch.
What about Emerald Dream? Whats up with that?
They're also 3 Other Old Gods on Azeroth.
1 - Maelstrom
2 - Undernearth Tirisfal
3 - Emerald Dream (Could be The Nightmare)
4 - Is dead, in Darkshore
5 - C'Thun , AQ40 (Temple of Ahn'Qiraj)
ANd Kil'Jaeden will be a really tough boss.
Brutallus - 10,500,000 HP And he is 2nd Boss
Id say Kil'jaeden will have around 13,000,000 to 14,000,000 HP
And he will most probably be too Uber, Like C'thun before Nerf.
Also, Arthas will be UNDEFEATABLE, and will probably be so Crazy strong, noone can kill him :P
Again one of the first couple of Screenshots from the Kil'Jaden Fight.
From: Exodus - US-Kel'Thuzad
Today, Kil'jaeden has been soloed for the first time. Chuck Norris has a hunter o_O
Kil'Jaeden downed by SK Gaming, Saturday May 24. World first.
Heres some tactics of the fight:
First,there will be 3 hand of the Deceivers in the room,unlike the Magtheridon channelers,they aggro when players get aggro.Aggroing the Hand of the Deceivers will begin Phase 1.
Stunnable and Silencable (but look below)
Shadow Bolt Volley:Deals 850 to 1150 Shadow Damage to all raid members within 30 yards,also places a stackable debuff,which increases shadow damage taken by 750.
Soul portal:Opens a Soul Portal that periodically spawns Volatile Felfire Fiends;these imps will run toward raid members and explode dealing high amount of damage.but the imps are very weak that they are 1 shottable by most spells,but they will still explode after death.
Shadow Infusion:At 20% health,the Hand of the Deceiver becomes immune to stun and silence,finish the Hand of the Deceiver at this point.
When the Hand of the Deceivers are killed,Phase 2 begins.
Kil'jaeden arrives in a blaze of glory (literally).Any players close to him when he comes will be knocked back.Kil'jaeden is untankable,and casts spells on random people.
Soul Flay:He chooses a target and spams Soul Flay on the target,lasting 3 seconds.It deals 3k damage per second.Kil'jaeden will continue spamming until the person dyes,and/or some undetermined points of the fight (phase changing?)Not resistable or Dispellable.
Legion Lightning:2 Second cast.A chain lightning-like ability that hits 4 targets for 3007 to 3493 shadow damage and then leaps to 4 additional targets,inflicting diminishing shadow damage to each target.It will als drain 1500 mana from each character that takes damage from it.The range and successful hits of the Legion lightning is 50 yards,meaning its unavoidable,but its still fully resistable.
Fire Bloom:Places a fire bloom on 5 random targets,dealing 1619 to 1881 damage to the target and any friendly character in 10 yards.Lasts 10 seconds.Not dispellable (but except by immunity effects)
Summon Shield Orb:Spawns a Shield Orb that is similiar to Doom Blossoms in the Teron Gorefiend encounter.They are constantly shooting Shadowbolts to the raid (3 shadowbolts every 1 second).Since they are targetable and have 20k HP,its recommended for ranged DPS to take these down as quickly as possible,to prevent incoming raid damage.In phase 2,these always spawn from NE from Kil'jaeden,then orbit Kil'jaeden counterclockwise.
When you get Kil'jaeden to 85%,phase 3 begins.
Sinister Reflection:Used at the beginning of Phase 3,it summons 5 mirrors of 1 person,that unlike the player,they don't follow the stats of their gear or their talents,but each hit deals 2k damage to plate per reflection and their casts and healing do more damage/healing.They are not CC'able in any way,but they do follow threat mechanics.
Shadow Spike:28 second channel.When Kil'jaeden channels this,random Shadow Spikes land on random players of the raid,but they move slowly that they can be avoided.When caught,they get hit for 5100 to 6900 shadow damage,and they also gain a debuff that reduces healing by 50% for 10 seconds.Resistable.
Flame Dart Explosion:Instant cast,Every 3 seconds,all raid members will be hit by Flame Dart Explosion,that cuase 1663 to 1837 fire damage and reduces movement speed by 50%.15 seconds.resistable,but not dispellable.
Summon Shield Orb:This ability now summons 2 orbs instead of one.They Will initially appear opposite sides of the room,and will rotate in an opposite direction.
Darkness of a Thousand Souls:Kil'jaeden will cover himself in wings,starting an 8 second cast time.When succeeded,all people in the raid take 47500 to 52500 shadow damage.This is countered by the Shield of the Blue (see the orbs section below).Not resistable.
In Phase 3,Kalecgos (who usually shoots arcane bolts at kil'jaeden in phase 2,sorry,din't confirm it before ;) )will channel his power into the orbs,when players click on the orb,they'll transnform into a blue drake,using some abilities instead.
Blink:Like the mage ability,teleports the dragon to 20 yards.
Breath:Revitalize:Breathes arcane energy in a 13 cone yards in front of the caster,causing friendly units to regenerate 2250 health and mana for 10 seconds.10 second cooldown.
Breath: Haste:Breathes arcane energy in a 13 cone yards in front of the caster,increasing the attack,casting,and movement speed of friendly targets by 25% for 30 seconds.Also grants immunity that reduces movement speed.10 second cooldown.
Shield of the Blue:Extends a Powerful shield around the caster (10 yards)that,when inside,reduces damage taken by 95%,but stuns the dragon and the dragon loses 10% health every second.Lasts 5 seconds.20 second cooldown.
More information Coming soon (I mean coming in a few days,not in a few minutes :P)
So,ehm,the Kil'jaeden strategy is finished,so heres more abilities
Before starting,I'd like you to confirm how much HP Kil'jaeden has 12,600,000 HP,making him one of the strongest bosses in the game.
To the abilities:
Getting Kil'jaeden to 50% starts phase 4
Entering this phase,Kil'jaeden gains another ability (that's 9 abilities at this point)and Kalecgos empowers 2 more orbs.
Meteor:Meteors fall from the sky,hitting anyone within a 5 yard range for a fatal amount of damage.There is a hellfire graphic that appears about 5 seconds before the meteor lands,giving time to move out of the landing area.3 meteors will be in flight through this phase.However,meteor bombardments stop while he is casting Darkness of a Thousand Souls.
When you get Kil'jaeden to 25%,phase 5 and the final phase begins.
Kalecgos cryes out for Anveena to release herself from Kil'jaeden's control,and sacrifice herself to banish Kil'jaeden,but you need to bring Kil'jaeden to 0% for a successful banish.
Kil'jaeden gets desperate,he is not weakened,he is more like enraged.
Kil'jaeden will be stunned for 5 seconds,and his soul flay channel lasts 5 seconds instead of 3 (meaning a 15k damage total),Kil'jaeden's abilities will have a very short cooldown,meaning a Darkness of a Thousand Souls about 20 seconds or so,and also Meteor bombardments will NOT stop while Kil'jaeden is casting Darkness of a Thousand Souls.
You will need to nuke him before he nukes your raid.Upon his defeat is a very awesome ''dismissal'' scene.
If you are looking for the loot,then do you see that medallion in the middle where Kil'jaeden gone?Theres your loot!Have a nice day downing Kil'jaeden for those who got this far to Kil'jaeden! ;)
Oh,I forgot something,in phase 4 and 5,Kil'jaeden spawns 3 shield orbs instead of 2.
Hardest fight ever! >_>
OK, I played WC3 a long time ago, and finally got the expansion. Tomb of Sargeras is on the Broken Isles (if I say something out of line, sorry. I'm only on the third chapter of Maiev's campaign), which is in the Great Sea, not the Maelstrom. However, if they make both these places in an expansion, I think the Tomb should be like an entrance (portal maybe) to the Maelstrom, and then everyone can have fun breathing down there :P. Or better yet, make the portal to Mael. somewhere else, but the tomb should be directly related to a final fight with Sargeras, like maybe K'J (yeah, I finally linked this post to the actual topic xD) shows up and is able to summon him again (of course, Blizz would need to make the level cap like 120 or something for something this epic)
Anyways, that's only my idea; someone feel free to comment if you have other ideas to add on.
这个 NPC 能在这些地区找到：
[Screenshots containing UI elements are generally declined on sight, the same goes for screenshots from the modelviewer or character selection screen.]
[Please review our